***JULY 2018 UPDATE***
Eversource summer rates announced –
WinPower rates still lower for residential account holders and with 5% more renewably sourced electricity
WinPower Rates Through December 31, 2019
% Renewable Energy
* Eversource rate as of February 2018; subject to change July 2018
** Based on average Winchester household monthly usage of 768/kWh
If your goal is:
Highest % renewable energy
WinPower 100 (call Dynegy)
Least action required
WinPower (do nothing)
Any WinPower plan
WinPower promised to work for savings when it first launched in July 2017. In 2018, that promise became a reality. Our community electricity aggregation program not only achieves substantial savings over Eversource currently, it does so by including 5% more local renewable energy than required by state law. The average household can expect to save nearly $100 between January and June 2018 with WinPower.
If you opted out of the program previously, now is the time to opt back in.
WinPower 100 –
100% local renewable energy
WinPower 100, the program option that gives you 100% local renewable energy –
if you’re interested in WinPower 100, act now by contacting the WinPower program supplier:
Phone: (866) 220-5696
Or sign up here today.
Because we think 3% is worth 100%.
Latest Video Update on Community Choice Electricity Aggregation in Winchester,
Jenks Senior Center, February 12, 2018
How the WinPower Program Works
- All eligible Winchester Eversource ratepayers received a notification letter detailing the program by June 2017. Letters included a mail-in opt-out letter.
- Eversource Basic ratepayers were automatically enrolled 30 days after notification unless they chose to opt out of the program in advance.
- Once enrolled, Winchester residents may leave the program with no penalty at any time. They will automatically be returned to Eversource Basic Service supply unless you have specified another electricity supplier that you wish to switch to. Please be sure to check all contract details and the stability of rates of a third party supplier before switching. We believe that WinPower continues to offer the best and most stable rates. WinPower will not change its rate without notifying all participating residents.
- If you were not an Eversource Basic customer at the time the program launched, you may opt into the program at any time by calling Dynegy at (866) 220-5696. Please check with your current suplier to see if you are in a contract that has a penalty for switching.
- You may opt up to WinPower 100, or conversely opt to WinPower at any time.
Outreach for WinPower
- The program website, WinPowerMA.com, has program information, current rates, and answers to an extensive list of frequently asked questions.
- At launch, all eligible Winchester ratepayers will have received a notification letter as of June 1, 2017.
- Additional information may be included in municipal water/sewer bills.
- Brochures are available at Town Hall, the library, and DPW.
- Look for us at Town Day each year with information and people to answer questions about the program at the Sustainable Winchester and Selectboard booths.
- Public information and Q&A sessions discussing the program were held on Monday, June 5th, 2017 and February 12th, 2018 at the Jenks Senior Center. Additional sessions will be held when there is new information to be shared, such as Eversource rate changes.
Opt-Out letters being sent to eligible Winchester accounts, 2018